Microsoft has launched the latest version of its Edge browser to the stable channel. The official build number is 114.0.1823.37. This update includes the previously revealed Edge Workspaces feature, which allows people to share the same tab sets and more.
Microsoft Edge Workspaces. Edge Workspaces provides a way for customers to organize their browsing tasks into dedicated windows. Edge Workspaces lets users share a set of browser tabs so working groups can view the same websites and latest working files in one place and stay on the same page. Each Edge Workspace contains its own set of tabs and favorites, all created and curated by the user and their collaborators. Edge Workspaces are automatically saved and kept up to date. For more information, see Microsoft Edge Workspaces.
- StandaloneHubsSidebarEnabled – Standalone Sidebar Enabled
- ShowDownloadsToolbarButton – Show Downloads button on the toolbar
- MicrosoftRootStoreEnabled – Determines whether the Microsoft Root Store and built-in certificate verifier will be used to verify server certificates
Additional policy changes
- EnhanceSecurityMode – BasicMode is deprecated
- EdgeWorkspacesEnabled – If the policy isn’t configured users are able to access the Microsoft Edge Workspaces feature
You can find out more about the new policies at Microsoft’s site. You can also learn more about the new security updates to Edge 114 at the Microsoft security site, which includes info on two specific Edge security patches.