Microsoft has released a new version of its utility app PowerToys, adding no new features and changes. The latest PowerToys version 0.60.1, however, adds a good set of fixes on top of what it already introduced with the previous version 0.60.0. The complete official changelog is below if you want to learn more about what’s been fixed.
For those who don’t know, Microsoft PowerToys is a set of utilities, including ColorPicker, FancyZones, and File Explorer Add-ons, letting users customize Windows. By using the set of utilities, users can tune and streamline their Windows experience for greater productivity.
What’s new and improved in Microsoft PowerToys v0.60.1
- #19253 – Updated the Microsoft Store submission of PowerToys to not show UI while installing.
- #19203 – Fixed a bug causing FancyZones to not apply templates correctly when more than one monitor shared the same serial number.
- #19233 – Fixed the incompatibility not allowing the PowerRename and ImageResizer Windows 11 tier 1 context menus being shown on development insider builds.
- #19219 – The old context menus are now shown on Windows 11 as well, to account for configurations where other third party software might be overriding the Windows 11 context menus.
- #19263 – Fixed a bug making the Find My Mouse overlay hang when activated in the top left corner of the screen.
- #19223 – The FancyZones Editor should no longer crash on configurations where monitors are not detected connected to display devices.
How to download the latest version of Microsoft PowerToys
You can download the latest version of Microsoft PowerToys either from the Microsoft Store or from the official repository on GitHub. If you already have the Microsoft PowerToys installed on your computer, you can manually update it by navigating to the Settings page.
You can also download Microsoft PowerToys version 0.60.1 by clicking either of the following official links:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?